What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a natural medicine system that the World Health Organisation recognises as the second most common system of medicine in the world. It has been used throughout the world for over 200 years. Some great reasons to choose homeopathy are:
- Homeopathic treatment works with your body’s healing powers to bring about health and well-being.
- You are treated as an individual and not as a collection of disease labels.
- Homeopathic medicines are gentle, subtle and powerful. They are non-addictive and not tested on animals.
- They do not produce the bad side effects that are so often the pitfall of conventional treatments.
- Homeopathic remedies, properly prescribed, are safe and can also be given to pregnant women, babies and children.
- Homeopathy treats all of your symptoms at all levels – spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical and finds the remedy to match them and bring about healing closely.
Homeopathic remedies are minute doses of substances taken mainly from minerals, plants and animals and are chosen in a way that reflects your symptoms. They work by both stimulating and supporting your body’s healing powers. Our bodies have a great capacity to heal themselves, but when this process is impaired, for whatever reason, the remedy helps to ‘kick start’ the healing mechanism and symptoms no longer need to be produced.