What Does Massage Mean?
Massage is systematic, therapeutic stroking and kneading of the soft tissues of the body.
In general terms, a therapist presses, rubs and manipulates the muscles and soft tissues of the body. Most massages are performed by the application of the hands. Some treatments do involve the use of forearms and elbows.
Massage types vary depending on individual requirements. Aromatherapy and hot stone, for example, focus on relaxation whereas sports and deep tissue, focus on specific requirements, typically those of an athletic nature.
Types of Massage
- Aromatherapy uses essential oils to promote beneficial changes by affecting the limbic system
- Deep Tissue focuses on myofascial trigger points (muscle knots)
- Hot Stone uses hot stones placed at key points on the body to promote warmth and relaxation
- Sports Massage is similar to Swedish but with the specific requirements of athletes
- Swedish Massage uses long strokes, kneading and deep circular movements
|Hot Stone||45 Min||£40|
|Aromatherapy||60 Min | 75 Min||£40 | £50|
|Deep Tissue||60 Min | 75 Min||£40 | £50|
|Sports Massage||60 Min | 75 Min||£40 | £50|
|Swedish||60 Min | 75 Min||£40 | £50|